Class B Driver Generally home daily.
Potential of one overnight once in a while
This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles; either tractor/trailers or straight trucks with the possibility of layovers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and Unloading glass and/or metal products at customer locations and job sites
- Complete pre and post trip inspections
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Possess a valid driver s issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Must be able to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner s certificate of physical qualification
- At least 2 years of verifiable, incident-free class A or B driving experience
- Good customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to wear the required safety equipment which includes safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Candidates must also be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion