The Lead Bus Driver assists Area Supervisors with school bus operations. The Lead Bus Driver evaluates bus stops, routes, and employee performance; coordinates with parents, principals, and citizens; coordinates school bus availability and out-of-service tracking; and assists Area Supervisors with responsibilities of the department.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* High school graduate and Commercial Driver's License with school bus endorsement
* Minimum of three years of experience as a school bus driver with a proven record of mastering skills of school bus driving
* Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations
* Ability to effectively communicate, to work cooperatively, and to manage behavior of students on bus
* Ability to perform basic first aid procedures
* Knowledge of all responsibilities of school bus drivers and attendants
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; to climb stairs and ladders; to bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl; to hold, grasp, and turn objects; to use finders to operate computer keyboards; to feel shapes, size, and temperature of objects; to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing; and to detect odors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear; to climb stairs and ladders; to bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl; to hold, grasp, and turn objects; to use fingers to operate computer keyboards; andto feel shapes, size, and temperature of objects. The employee may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
The Lead Bus Driver reports to the Area Supervisor