Be part of a great team in a growing field with lots of opportunity!
- Competitive Pay
- 90% of base medical paid
- 401k retirement program with matching
- Monthly and year end bonus programs
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Career advancement and path towards becoming an owner/operator
- On the job CDL training
- Great co-workers
- Responsibility and independence
- Yearly Bonus - Paid out over $260,000 in crew bonuses over the last 5 years
General Labor | Driver and Mover
This position serves as crew lead for transportation and delivery within the direct service area of the local branch for household goods, special products, and relocation of business entities. Candidate must submit to a criminal background check and must be a non-drug user (drug test - including marijuana - required).
- 26,000 GVW truck or smaller - No Household Goods experience - $17.00/hr to start to DOE.
- Class B CDL - No Household Goods experience - $18.00/hr to start, with experience up to $21.00/hr
- Class A CDL - No Household Goods experience - $20.00/hr to start, with experience up to $24.00/hr
Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive van to loading point and consult with customer on goods to be moved
- Supervise labor and give direction regarding moving articles to van
- Pack, wrap or otherwise protect furniture, fixtures and equipment to prevent damage, according to established standards
- Load truck, distributing weight evenly, forming compact load, and utilizing space efficiently
- Drive van to destination and unload cargo
- Create happy clients through hard work and great customer service
- Be punctual and reliable
- With the crew, carry/dolly items between residence/facility and the vehicle/container
- Safely stack and unstack items in the vehicle or container, and safely place the items in the destination residence or facility at the direction of the customer
- Supervise all work of the crew
- Review the job requirements with the crew prior to arrival
- Complete a detailed descriptive inventory of all items to be loaded, or assure that all items delivered are checked off against the shipping inventory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds unassisted. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to carry and climb a ladder.
Founded in 1890, Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage has earned a reputation as the Best Seattle Moving Company with the mission of being the most trusted provider of moving and storage services, whether down the street, across the country, or around the world. We offer professional packing & unpacking, storage solutions, and move management services to meet the needs of our residential moving, commercial moving, and corporate relocation customers.